January 2023 Updates from LaKisha Deon
By LaKisha Deon 2-3-2023
This first month serving as 4Tucson’s CEO has been a whirlwind of excitement. God is revealing His will to transform Tucson!
- 4Tucson Government Domain 2023 Prayer Walk In partnership 4Tucson with One Cry Tucson, Center for Arizona Policy, and our State government. On January 9th, 50 pastors and laity with 170 Arizonans prayed at the AZ State Capitol Building!
- 4Tucson Poverty Reduction Taskforce with a grant awarded in 2022 celebrated, along with New Life Pregnancy Center and Connections Vineyard Church, the first 11 parent graduates of a 13-week parenting class called Raising Highly Capable Kids.
- 4Tucson Social Services Domain in partnership with the 3000 Club Tucson distributed 60-pound food boxes to 94 households in the Amphi neighborhood to meet food insecurities.
- 4Tucson CEO and COO hosted the 4Tucson Church Listening Session, in partnership with J17 and Living Water Ministries, viewed a documentary of cities who implemented city-wide prayer meetings that led to transformation of local crime rates, drug use, and gang-related activities. Afterward, an open discussion was held on how we can partner together in a similar way.
- 4Tucson launched our first focused prayer time for our city with 13 prayers joining us as we pray over our city and the many challenges facing our community. This prayer time will continue each month on the first Thursday from 7:30-9:00 am at the 4Tucson offices.
- 4Tucson hosted the 9th Annual Blessing Breakfast of Elected officials and First Responders on January 27th. Over 380 state elected officials and first responders, along with their spouses, enjoyed breakfast and a powerful message from our 4Tucson board member Apostle Jamie Benjamin, pastor of Greater Faith Church.
- Movement Day February 10th – We seek individuals with influence and expertise in Housing, Economic Opportunity & Development, Poverty Reduction, and Education to be part of our Brain Trust to join our collaborative environment where we co-create solutions to city problems.
- After 11 amazing years, we dream about bringing greater security to our amazing team of dedicated staff! Our next opportunity is to provide Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance for our team. $60,000 per year will cover the cost of providing this basic security.
- In December, 4Tucson graduated our first cohort of entrepreneurs via our Hustle Entrepreneur & Small Business Development Program. In February we launch two more cohorts. We seek facilitators with business expertise willing to mentor small business owners, and we seek $44,400 to fully fund all Hustle programs throughout 2023.
We are blessed each day to encounter Him through relationships with individuals and organizations who are partnering together as we achieve our mission. The team of 4Tucson is grateful for your continued support and prayer.
We have more exciting opportunities to share! Would you pray and see if God has a place for you?
Thank you again for your partnership in seeing a city aligned with God’s ways, so that His peace and prosperity are experienced by all generations. I would love the opportunity to meet with you to hear how God is working in your life and how we can pray for you. My personal number is 520.308.7444 and my email is lakisha@4Tucson.com. You’ll be hearing from me soon!